Saturday, July 2, 2016

It's All About the Chicken

Amazing new meals have been coming across our dinner table!

Summer is my favorite time of year. I love getting the grill fired up, sitting outside, cooking my food, sipping some wine, and hanging out with the kids.

Several weeks ago I pulled out two different frozen chicken meals from the freezer. We quickly had a variety of chicken to eat and plenty left over for another meal later in the week.

Chicken Lemon Dijon Delight from the Backyard BBQ workshop
Hawaiian Chicken from the Backyard BBQ workshop 

These are great served over a bed of rice. I prefer to eat mine on a bun!
Here is the Hawaiian Chicken recipe

Hawaiian Chicken (#1)  
In Freezer Bag    1½ to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts  
¼ cup pineapple juice (from 15.5 oz can)  
10 pineapple slices (from 15.5 oz can)  
2 Tablespoons Wildtree Balsamic Dipping Oil  
1½ Tablespoons Wildtree Red Bell Pepper & Garlic Blend  
1 teaspoon Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub  
½‐1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional) 

To prep: place this in the freezer bag and freeze. This, of course, can also be prepared right on the spot.
You can order all of the Wildtree Products right from my website.

Chicken is pretty much a staple in our household. We raise our own chickens which saves a lot of money, we know exactly where our food is coming from, and I always have a supply on hand in my freezer.

Last week I pulled the Chicken Enchilada Lasagna out. 
This uses the very yummy Tia Rosa's Red Enchilada Sauce. It is not very spicy so it was perfect for my youngest son.
I had everything except the tortillas in the freezer bag. I left the chicken separate from the sauce so I could brown the chicken before combining it all.
Sauce, black beans, enchilada sauce, water in one bag
Chicken with the grapeseed oil in another bag. I also added a tad bit more oil in the pan when I cooked the chicken. There was also a bag with cheese in it.
The finished lasagna before putting it in my mouth....lol


Here is the recipe: Once again, this doesn't have to be prepared and frozen it can be prepped right on the spot. I chose to freeze it when I was doing other meal preps.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup Wildtree Tia Rosa's Red Enchilada Sauce
1/2 cup water
8 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided

Method of Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Sauté chicken for 5-10 minutes until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through: 165°F. Stir in black beans, Tia Rosa's Red Enchilada Sauce, and water. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Place corn tortillas in the prepared 9 x 9 inch baking dish in a single layer, tearing tortillas to fill gaps as needed. Top with 1/3 of the chicken filling and sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend. Repeat this process with two more layers of tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve garnished with scallions if desired.

That leftover Tia Rosa's can be used in other recipes that you can also find on my website and clicking RECIPES. Just type in the product you have and several choices come up.

If you try any of the recipes please let me know what you think!

Next post will be all about our amazing skillet meals!
www.mywildtree.com/debbieking01



No comments:

Post a Comment